Do you wake up in the morning with little time to spare?
You're super hungry, but don't want to go out to eat.
What can possibly be done in under 10 minutes with enough time to eat and make it out the door?
We've all had those mornings before.
While it might not be your typical routine, we end up running half our day with nothing in our systems but caffeine while feeling hangry.
After having enough of those days, I discovered this idea that's much better than having a granola bar from the store.
You get to have a breakfast without all of the additives that gives you the energy you need to power through your morning.
Feel energized with my delicious protein power energy bites!
- 1 Cup almond flour
- 1 Packet chocolate flavored protein powder of choice (I used Orenda Shape)
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder (plus more for rolling)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice (I used almond butter)
- 1/2 Tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp coffee (or sub almond milk)
1) Add wet ingredients to a mixing bowl (nut butter, cacao powder, coffee) and mix together
2) Add remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until everything is mixed through. If it's still a bit dry, add some almond milk and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated together.
3) Roll into tablespoon sized bites, roll in cacao powder, and set aside in a container. **Note: You can make these as big or as small as you want.
4) Chill until ready to enjoy! Will last a week or two in a container (if they last that long)