It’s been quite a rainy day today in Chicago. All I’ve wanted to do is stay inside, cuddle, and read a good book. Maybe a bit tempted to go dance in the rain! While I love doing all those things, it can be really easy to get into a lazy funk on these days (I’ve been there), it can also be used as a great opportunity to make a delicious home cooked meal with your family to enjoy on a night in like this one. With some help from Radical Root Farms, I prepared a fresh veggie and lentil stew. It has all fresh, organic veggies straight from their garden like swiss chard, potatoes, fennel, and scallions. Mix in some spices and some veggie broth to have yourself a delicious, easy, healthy lentil stew. The recipe is as follows:
- 2 cups of lentils
- 4-5 cups of vegetable broth (or water)
- 2 cups of fresh veggies of your choice (feel free to use more if you like)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic salt or use 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp celery salt
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Chop all your veggies into cubes.
3) Put them on a baking sheet with foil and pour 2 tsp of olive oil on the veggies.
4) Season with more salt, pepper, and garlic.
5) Cook veggies for 40 minutes.
6) While the veggies are in the oven, grab a pot and combine the lentils, broth, and spices.
7) Turn the stove on to medium and let it come to a boil (~10 minutes).
8) Once it’s boiling, cover it up and let it simmer while your veggies are roasting.
9) Once the veggies are done, take them out of the oven and combine them with the stew. Feel free to add some more broth if it starts to look dry.
I hope you enjoy my recipe! Comment below your version of my delicious stew! I can’t wait to see your creations below!