I had such a blast doing my first summit interview where I shared my story about why I decided to start cooking/become a health coach as well as share this delicious recipe. Here is the recipe for my delicious homemade 3 Bean and Veggie Crock-Pot Chili from my cooking demo!
- 3 cans of beans of your choice (I used chick peas, black beans, and a 3 bean blend)
- 1 medium sized sweet onion, chopped
- 4 medium sized carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 carton of portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes or 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 5 cups of vegetable broth (or water)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 T. paprika
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Tabasco Sauce
1) Chop all the veggies with garlic and put them in the crock pot.
2) Open, drain, and rinse the cans of beans and put them in the crock pot.
3) Put the tomato paste and spices in the crock pot.
4) Set your crock pot to low for 8 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Make sure the veggies are soft before it is done.
5) When it is all done, top with desired toppings and enjoy the smell of the food in your kitchen! Also, enjoy the tons of leftovers!
Are you looking for any more recipes that you can easily make in a pinch that are healthy and for the whole family? Post your email in the comments below and I will send you a FREE gift of 5 tips to make easy, healthy, "fast food" as well as two of my favorite recipes that have helped me along my journey!