Late night munchies get you again?
What do you like to eat when you feel the cravings coming after a night out?
For me, I would go out to the bar, drink a few cocktails, and I ever so badly wanted pizza or nachos.
Sure, this seemed like a great decision in the short term, but afterward, I felt bloated.
I self-loathed and would regret every time I ate the unhealthy food.
Then, it hit me. Why don't I cook something healthy?
That way, I save money after a night out and I have a warm, tasty meal to look forward to.
This also tastes great as leftovers and freezes well. Beware, it might be all gone before you can even get to the freezer.
It's a combination of all of my favorite things in one without the guilt of unhealthy food AND it's dairy-free.
Leave it in the crockpot in the morning and come back to a house smelling like a taco joint.
I bring to you my Cheezy Crockpot Chili.
For the Chili:
- 1 lb ground beef (I used 85%/15%)
- 4 Cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 4-5 Beefsteak tomatoes
- 3 15 Oz cans of beans of your choice
- 1 6 Oz can of tomato paste
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 Oz portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 10 oz bag of spinach, chopped
- 5 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tsp. paprika
- 1 Tsp. cumin
- 1 Tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tsp. dried basil
- 1 Tsp. dried thyme
- 1 Tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 Tsp. black pepper
- Hot Sauce
- Green Onions
For the Cheeze Sauce:
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews soaked overnight in cool water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 Cup nutritional yeast
- ½ Cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tsp Chili powder
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 Tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
1) Cook the ground beef on the stove over medium heat. Strain with a paper towel when there is a lot of grease in the pan. Pat dry when all of the meat is browned.
2) Prep all of your vegetables and throw them in the crock pot. Add the vegetable broth to the crock pot.
3) Add your fresh tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste, and spices into the blender. Blend until smooth. Add to the crock pot.
4) Start the crock pot on high for 6 hours. 5) Prep the cheeze sauce. Don't forget to soak the cashews overnight unless you have a high powered blender or food processor. Add all of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until later.
6) An hour before the chili is ready, pour as much cheeze sauce as you desire (I did the whole thing) into your crock pot and stir until mixed through. Close the lid and allow the chili to cook for the remaining hour.
7) Serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Want to have 20 more recipes like this one that are gluten and dairy free? Find it here!