Are you having a sweet tooth craving?
I know I get them all the time.
I get them pretty much on a daily basis.
What is my food of choice?
CHOCOLATE! I admit it. I am quite a chocoholic.
I would go as far as eating chocolate chips out of the bag.
As delicious as that sounds, the sugar adds up quickly and I get a stomach ache right after.
Does this happen to you?
I feel you!
I’ve come to accept that processed chocolate no longer serves me and I eat it as minimally as possible.
Which is why I found this awesome recipe for minimally processed chocolate that I get to share with you!
It’s not as sugary sweet, but just enough sweetness to leave you satisfied with eating less.
Enjoy my recipe for homemade chocolate!
Credits to: http://www.kristabutler.com/blog/2014/02/easy-paleo-chocolate
- 1/2 cup (ideally grass-fed) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup almond, peanut or sunflower butter
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1) Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl once the butter is at room temperature.
2) Spread the mixture onto parchment paper. Then, place another piece of parchment paper on top of it to flatten it.
3) Place in the freezer for an hour.
4) Remove from freezer, cut into bite size piece and enjoy!
As a bonus, I made a cooking demo to show you how to quickly make this recipe. Check it out!